Thursday, December 17, 2009

a color study in light and dark


Well, today is my birthday. Number 46. For as long as I can remember I've been drawing this motif for friends or family birthday cards. It would be interesting to see the collection of them all. My favorite one was for a birthday party. Back before computer graphics, I worked with 35 mm film slides. I created multiple slides and projected them all over the walls. It was really great to walk into big room lit with candles everywhere. Make a wish!

4 comments:

Nikira said...

Happy Birthday, dear Susan! Best wishes. I admire your wonderful art.

Coyote Bend Studio said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN!!!! You're close to me.. my bday was the 15th!

RobCarey said...

Well, Happy Birthday Susan, my very gifted blogfriend! May you have another wonderful year of illustrating.

Susan Rudat said...

Thank you, folks! Happy Birthday to us all!